World of Planes

Public Forum open to all visitors.
Sniper62
Site Admin

Re: World of Planes

Post by Sniper62 »

im surprised charlie isnt into this game, he lubs doing CAS and thats all this game is for us bomber types...
Sniper62
CO RAF 617 Squadron "The DamBusters"

My Movies: (youtube links, PM me if you are interested in higher res)-BARCAP in Action-Fighter Action-Fighter Action #2-Sniper of 09s-109f1vsSpitV
Pegasusbelgar

Post by Pegasusbelgar »

Ok I will be around.
Pegasus
RAF 617 Squadron, "The Dambusters"
Pegasusbelgar

Post by Pegasusbelgar »

Tried yesterday but waiting 8 mins for a historical mission and it actually times out, i gave up. Roll on World War.
Pegasus
Sniper62
Site Admin

Post by Sniper62 »

ouch! ive never gotten that high, ive been at 5mins every once in awhile tho...

man ppl bitch and complain when theres a 30 second spawn timer in WWIIOL...cant imagine the complaining going on about 5+ minute spawn timers
Sniper62

My Movies: (youtube links, PM me if you are interested in higher res)-BARCAP in Action-Fighter Action-Fighter Action #2-Sniper of 09s-109f1vsSpitV
hiiamben

Post by hiiamben »

oh chit charlie plays this?? Oh well i got sat. internet now so i can play this game fairly well? On my 1st day of really fighting and getting into dynamics of game. i have earned a few points, and having my 1st bomber, the db. go figure lol, or rather the a-20. I guess ill be playing with ay all sometimes. or against. Im gonna buy another add on pack, haven't decided yet. Which one gets ya into a b-17, or 25 1st??
617 dambusters not just a squad but a game imbalance

Stand up America before it's too late!!
Kizmet
Site Admin

Post by Kizmet »

Hey Ben. I'm gonna play this one also. I'm using my wife's desktop to play wwiiol right now but have most of my new computer purchased. Just need the MB and memory now and I'll be up and running a real monster. Nah, you don't wanna play against us. Much more fun getting baked and flying together.

How's the new house going?
Kizmet
Executive Officer
RAF 617 Squadron, The DamBusters
AHC COS Retired
AHC CinC Staff, Retired
BEF CinC, Retired
RAF CO, Retired

Apres Moi Le Deluge!
After me, the flood!

"The DamBusters - not just a squad, a game imbalance"
gators1 wrote:I think a battalion of Georgia rednecks can easily take a bunch of Vermont hippies with peace symbols on their uniforms.
Reddog
Site Admin

Post by Reddog »

WOW New 2.9GB download and now DX11 Support it Looks Freaking Awesome. Just kicking the tires now, new tiers and update to FM.

Read More Here:

http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/ ... pdate-137/

and FM list here

http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/ ... eliminary/

But I am stunned ATM at how DX11 has effected everything.

S!

:iconjuke:
CO 617Dambusters
(retired)

Apres Moi Le Deluge!
After me, the flood!

Sniper62
Site Admin

Post by Sniper62 »

looks good...wheres meh bomber cockpits?!
Sniper62

Pegasusbelgar

Post by Pegasusbelgar »

Sheesh they still not appeared? Leave the game half finished and go off and do Ground Thunder!!

I got a PM the other day from a player who mentioned that the other 617 Sqdn has kicked the bucket. Not sure how many of you guys still play War Thunder, im still waiting for this myth of World War and Bomber Cockpits.
PegasusUK,
FH_Rage51 has sent you a new personal conversation entitled "617".
FH_Rage51 said:
======================================================================
Sadly the 617 Sqn Curly setup is non existent. I joined them when first setup and there was no TS/comms, 40+ members yet no squads ever = dead Sqn.
I had 3 squad battles in one day about a month ago, not impressed.
My last base was RAF Scampton in RL so was very disappointed they let the side down so bad. :-)
I joined 1 Sqn yesterday and have had more squad interaction in one evening than I did in several months.
If things don't workout here (I think they will) I'll give you fellas a try.
All the best.
Pegasus
Pegasusbelgar

Post by Pegasusbelgar »

Ok got bored waiting, slowly levelling my US and Brit tree. Weekend coming up before I move house so will be around for some flying.

Just a shame to see a sim company focusing on arcade too much, how many players fly in CLoD, WW2O, IL2?
Pegasus
Sniper62
Site Admin

Post by Sniper62 »

good to see your getting back into it peg. im up to the B25 for the americans...1.37 kinda sucks in the fact that now not only do i have to raise 1 million lions to buy the b17 but now i have to "reasearch" it as well that takes another million of whatever new kinda money there is...why do they have to make things so complicated in terms of money?
Sniper62

Pegasusbelgar

Post by Pegasusbelgar »

I am not sure Snipples. They say it is to make leveling quicker and more balanced but to be honest I preferred the old system. I can see people will be maxed out quicker and then with the repetitious gaming of Arcade and Realistic people will start to leave because they are bored. I just unlocked the B-25J-1 so I can now least tag along on some bombing missions now.
They really need to add a form of persistent battleground like WW2O but not sure how open World War is going to be even if its an expanded rolling version of Realistic battles then they will be on to a winner.

I am moving house shortly so wont have much time to play over the next coming weeks, this coming weekend will be my only major chance of some flying before my internet is reconnected on the 21st-22nd January.
Pegasus
Sniper62
Site Admin

Post by Sniper62 »

alright, i've got snow on the ground and am wore out after running the family around DC all week so i'm planning on staying in this weekend. when is a good time for all of us to get on this weekend to play?

anyone guna play friday?
Sniper62

Pegasusbelgar

Post by Pegasusbelgar »

I moved house back in January and I still do not have a working telephone yet which I need to get internet. For the moment while I wait for the installation I am on 3G dongle which interestingly plays War Thunder fine, been on War Thunder quite a bit doing arcade battles, have tried some realistic battles but I can see the benefit of flying in formation with more than one member. I am on and off over the weekend if anyone wants to do some flying.
Pegasus
Sniper62
Site Admin

Post by Sniper62 »

huh never thought I would here 3G and gaming in the same sentence lol ive got plans on saturday but ill hop on a bit if im around on sunday.
Sniper62