Air Conditioning....

Public Forum open to all visitors.
Sniper62
Site Admin

Air Conditioning....

Post by Sniper62 »

its been in the mid 90s here in colorado for the past few days so the other night when it was 84 in the house i went to turn the air conditioning on.....well nothing happened. now we know the heater works because just two weeks ago it was in the 50s during the day, so both amanda and i started scratching our head trying to figure out the problem. acouple of days before this, the movers that moved some couches for us knocked the thermostat off the wall which broke the mount so its been kinda just sitting there. I thought it might be the thermostat so we went to lowes and bought a new one, just to come back and hook it up and still not work..... WTF

so after pondering some more sitting out on the back porch at night, amanda has the bright idea that we must not have one. i laughed and said there must be one, who wouldnt have an air conditioner or at least a big arse house fan. well they let me come home early today to get this all fixed and what do you know the neighbors house is getting an air conditioner installed so i decided to save my self some $$ and go talk to the guy installing it. so he looks around a bit and say "nope you dont have one..."

now what year is this?!?! i just cant believe it, a two story 3 bed room 2 1/2 bath house with no air conditioner... amanda and i are coming from Florida where EVERYONE has one, so we didnt think nothing about looking at the houses specs for having one lol the air conditioner guy suggested we talk to the landlord and get them to install one, so well see how that goes...

so now we have all the windows open, usually theres a pretty good wind in the evening but some times there isnt like tonight so we have our fans blowing and im sweating it out lol
Sniper62
CO RAF 617 Squadron "The DamBusters"

My Movies: (youtube links, PM me if you are interested in higher res)-BARCAP in Action-Fighter Action-Fighter Action #2-Sniper of 09s-109f1vsSpitV
Pegasusbelgar

Re: Air Conditioning....

Post by Pegasusbelgar »

Doh! :lol:

Well in the UK (maybe because of its slightly colder climate) we don't have Aircon fitted to our houses, business units yes but not homes, unless its specifically installed third party.

Where I live the house is upside down, so the living area and kitchen is upstairs and bedroom, bathroom is downstairs. Through maybe March to November I dont have the heating on at all, as the heat rises from below which can get rather warm in the summer, thats when I do wish for a aircon unit to be installed but I only rent at the moment.
Pegasus
RAF 617 Squadron, "The Dambusters"
Codguy

Post by Codguy »

Depending on your windows can always grab a window unit for your bedroom at the Exchange. They usually have a pretty good deal on em this time of year.

No A/C up here in Maine either, but it's usually not too bad other than the most humid days. On those days plenty of cold beer does the trick just fine (plus helps you sleep better, lol)
Codguy
Pilot Recruiter
RAF 617 Sqn "The Dambusters"
"The DamBusters - not just a squad, a game imbalance"
Reddog
Site Admin

Post by Reddog »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hell snippett it's colorado dude they don't do AC there.

Like Codguy said , get some window units
CO 617Dambusters
(retired)

Apres Moi Le Deluge!
After me, the flood!

hiiamben

Post by hiiamben »

Sniper doesn't the base have a Liason officer or something like that for helping troops with off base housing??
617 dambusters not just a squad but a game imbalance

Stand up America before it's too late!!
trevor8

Post by trevor8 »

I live in south Louisiana. EVERY house has AC and heat lol.

Window units work well for 1 room. But if you want central AC and heat fitted into a house you talking $$$.

You should contact ACM on TS. He does Heating and AC for a living.
<S>!

Firefighter/Military Police
Trevor A. Abney
"Trevor8"
ImageImage