Arguing with DOC today

Public Forum open to all visitors.
Frantish

Arguing with DOC today

Post by Frantish »

I made a post in the Hanger about how many years the bugs in the Ju-52 existed, never fixed.

He told me, in short, STOP IT, that I was frustrating the player base (as if it did not already exist).

3 letters so far...

Now I discovered he deleted the post.

I did a butt load of work for them for a long time, to everything, wiki and all (remember I added the 617 to the wiki of squads list too?). fukit

Anyway, if you need some help with your facts and tests for your arguments, let me know. I will do what I can.

frantish@gmail.com
Bose 26, er, DAMBUSTERS: De-constructing, one bomb at a time.
Lure

Re: Arguing with DOC today

Post by Lure »

Frantish wrote:... that I was frustrating the player base ...
Yeah I've just be waiting for someone to get PMs like that on the bomber issue. I've decided to keep low profile myself after the 111 movie Ma and I made.

I've received PM from a upset DOC before when I pointed out a bug reported and acknowledged by CRS (DOC) still not fixed a year later, and I see no point in triggering any more of them PMs. That was the 6Pdr ATG/Tank gun range setting that in one patch went from max 1400m to todays max 1280m settting. That bug is also still there. All I learned from that is that it's hardly worth even using the bug-forum to report bugs.
Frantish

Re: Arguing with DOC today

Post by Frantish »

Lure wrote:
Frantish wrote:... that I was frustrating the player base ...
Yeah I've just be waiting for someone to get PMs like that on the bomber issue. I've decided to keep low profile myself after the 111 movie Ma and I made.

I've received PM from a upset DOC before when I pointed out a bug reported and acknowledged by CRS (DOC) still not fixed a year later, and I see no point in triggering any more of them PMs. That was the 6Pdr ATG/Tank gun range setting that in one patch went from max 1400m to todays max 1280m settting. That bug is also still there. All I learned from that is that it's hardly worth even using the bug-forum to report bugs.
Thats the sad part, bugs that do not get fixed.

DOC told me that even bugs get cued into their schedule, so they have to wait till its turn comes up. But I have to wonder if their is a selective process in their too....

Maybe we need to get all the forums to start posting "fix this bug" topics?

Hummm CRS like the Secret Service. You have no idea what goes behind those doors.
thor

Post by thor »

I'm not sure I should say anything, because it seams like others have spoken before - and what ever has been said, you (and many others) don't listen.
1. I will not take part on any side.
2. I respect your opinion, and your right to communicate them how ever you feel fit.
3. I just bring in another perspective.

Off course there is a "selective process".

I’m a boss, both at work an in the National Guard. I’ve been a boss in different types of jobs. In my experience I always have a “to-do-list” (or fix-it-list). On top I have a “short-list”. This is not uncommon, and I’m sure you are familiar with it to. These list are dynamic and will change al the time. One item on the to-do-list will find its way up on the short-list after some time. But suddenly something else comes up, and the before mentioned item gets bumped back down. This is what workers, bosses and companies have to do every day.

I think CRS have there right to priorities what ever they feel is right for there business and what in the end is there livelihood. I think we should, and must respect there ways. I understand, and accept players other views on this – and I will NOT be the one to tell people to stop posting there views. But Doc has a point when he asks us to keep it down. Not stop arguing, but try to calm down.

Personally I think we should spread the good word about all the great thinks about this game – all the good thinks – all the fun – and all the friends we make. Get more happy people to join the game – get more people to pay money to CRS, more money that can be used to employ extra help, an extra employee that can work on my – and your – items on the “to-do-list”.

You all now I’m a happy bomber.
Thor
Pilot Officer
RAF 617 The DamBusters
I was a bit unclear... I mean I don't give a sh..t what I'm bombing - as long as I fly with my friends.
I'm a happy bomber
Gulden Kunstverk.com | Gulden Kunstverk.no | Nettgalleri
Frantish

Post by Frantish »

thor wrote: In my experience I always have a “to-do-list” (or fix-it-list). On top I have a “short-list”. This is not uncommon, and I’m sure you are familiar with it to. These list are dynamic and will change al the time. One item on the to-do-list will find its way up on the short-list after some time. But suddenly something else comes up, and the before mentioned item gets bumped back down. This is what workers, bosses and companies have to do every day.
You are exactly right, Thor, things get bumped around.

What gets me is simple bugs (which are quickly fixed in fighters) persist for months, even years.
And then we have really important issues, namely the RDP bombing effectives, that seem to be, if at all, on low priority.

While there are unforeseen circumstances, a plan for getting things fixed will do much to help.
thor

Post by thor »

cc. i think they could publish there lists... no harm in telling people. they sure are quick about adjusting RDP stuff

... i'm done
Thor
Pilot Officer
RAF 617 The DamBusters
I was a bit unclear... I mean I don't give a sh..t what I'm bombing - as long as I fly with my friends.
I'm a happy bomber
Gulden Kunstverk.com | Gulden Kunstverk.no | Nettgalleri