Fantasy Football

Public Forum open to all visitors.
Charlie3

Fantasy Football

Post by Charlie3 »

Just joined a league. If anybody is interested I'll try to get you in too.

16-team league is not filled yet but it's early and probably will.
Charlie3

Post by Charlie3 »

38 views and no responses....

guess yall dont like fantasy footabll

I got banned drom the SOT league last night so I have no team... there is still time but you need at least 8-10 people to form a league so if ure interested, post here

If we get a decent sized group, I'll start one.

If not I guess I won't play this year because I'm not desperate enough to play with total strangers.

if you like football and have never played fantasy football you should try it... makes for an interested Sunday because you end up routing for players you never cared about
AJV

Post by AJV »

I am up for learning this with guys I already know. I don't like being made fun of by total strangers. Never played before Charlie so you will need to show me the ropes.
Gen AJV (retired) Allied CinC

Never Forget > Wiltor <
Charlie3

Post by Charlie3 »

It's fairly easy.

There is a basically a live draft... end of the month is the latest we can do it because you must draft before the season starts.

Each team gets around 10 players to pick their fantasy team. Players get points for individual performance. For example, standard scoring is like one point for every 10 yards rushing or receiving and one point for 15 yards passing. Usually there is 6 points for touchdowns... etc...

Every week your team goes head to head with another team until the playoffs and eventually there is a champion.

This is all free of course unless you want to purchase stuff like live stat trackers where you can see your team points scored in real time.

The only part that requires any real effort is coming up with your own draft order. In a 10-team league with say 10 fantasy players per team... that's 100 picks.

But even if you don't ure okay if you know anything about football. You can kinda do it by educated guessing.

If you can't make a live draft, you can pre-order players so the computer will pick the best player for you also.
AJV

Post by AJV »

So would you be setting the time of the live draft?
Gen AJV (retired) Allied CinC

Never Forget > Wiltor <
Charlie3

Post by Charlie3 »

yea if enough people are interested
FuelPump

Post by FuelPump »

Damn... I have a hard enough time following American Football anyway. I'd blow a brain gasket trying to work out a fantasy football team for it! :lol:

I watched the Superbowl in 1989 (end of the 1988 season? Green Bay Packers playing someone else? Can't recall) in Minneapolis with some friends. Kept pissing everyone off with dumb questions like "what's he doing that for?", "Why are they stopping the game again?", "How did that bloke get the job, he's done nothing!", "They're paying that guy how much????".

I prefer REAL sports, where a "pad" is something that women wear when Aunty Flo comes around for her monthly visit, and the only time the game stops is to let somebody off the field to go into the blood bin. :lol:

Don't even get me started on the soccer! :roll:

[flame_proof_suit on]Ready for it![/flame_proof_suit on]

My ideal sport would be two teams armed with spearguns, and a metal trash can lid (as a shield) facing off, like dodgeball. Last man standing would get to collect the life insurances of all the other players. You could have halftime clowns, cheerleaders, whatever. Full strength beer or Scotch would definitely be sold (Barely could have a special stock of Guinness in the Dambuster's private VIP viewing box), none of this nancy lite-beer they have been selling lately over here at sporting venues.
Fuelpump
RAAF
617 Squadron

barely8
Site Admin

Post by barely8 »

Sure, I'll do it. Hope to be around for the live draft though.
I'll be easy pickins as I suck at Fantasy leagues.

Me thinks we need a Fantasy Aussie Rules league :wink:
Retired Allied Forces Commander in Chief