Registry fixer

Public Forum open to all visitors.
Mako

Registry fixer

Post by Mako »

I download a free trial of this software that maintains your registry. It found 163 errors lol, only let me fix 15 in the trial version though :(

http://www.liutilities.com/products/cam ... ib/rbplib/

price is steep but do you think its worth it or are there other options out there?

Messing with the registry is a dangerous undertaking, would it be a bad idea for me to manually do it based off of the registry extentions the program shows me?
FuelPump

Post by FuelPump »

In the past I've succesfully fixed a couple of registry entries that were messed up due to a virus. But there was plenty of documentation for me to follow that time.
One thing I remember about registry work is that there are an endless number of "Be VERY VERY careful about messing with the registry" type warnings. Enough to make me pretty wary of messing with it, without adequate training, or the ability to get myself out of a big hole, if I've dug myself into one.
I've used a registry fixing program before out of desperation, but even that gave me the heebie-jeebies, as it was difficult to know the end results of what I was doing. It's all voodoo-magic to me...
Fuelpump
RAAF
617 Squadron

Sniper62
Site Admin

Post by Sniper62 »

Sniper62
CO RAF 617 Squadron "The DamBusters"

My Movies: (youtube links, PM me if you are interested in higher res)-BARCAP in Action-Fighter Action-Fighter Action #2-Sniper of 09s-109f1vsSpitV
Kizmet
Site Admin

Post by Kizmet »

Take a look at the Symantec products. I use both Northon Systemworks 2005 and Norton Internet Security 2005. You can actually set it up to run defrag once it reaches a predetermined fragment level, correct registry errors, delete unneeded temp files, browser files, etc. And it'll all run automatically whenever you tell it too. Works great.
Kizmet
Executive Officer
RAF 617 Squadron, The DamBusters
AHC COS Retired
AHC CinC Staff, Retired
BEF CinC, Retired
RAF CO, Retired

Apres Moi Le Deluge!
After me, the flood!

"The DamBusters - not just a squad, a game imbalance"
gators1 wrote:I think a battalion of Georgia rednecks can easily take a bunch of Vermont hippies with peace symbols on their uniforms.