Not flying in LW much longer...

Public Forum open to all visitors.
Lure

Not flying in LW much longer...

Post by Lure »

I bet you'll soon see a application from me to join 617. I'm getting fed up with LW even if the rides are nice.

I'm amazed how poor the comms are on 18/28. RAF/FAF low pop communications are better then LW high pop.

I logged in tonight planning to do a few 111 sorties. Axis was heavily overpoped. I tried to get information on LW channels where I could expect LW CAP but there was not much reply. No reply on what LW AO was atm so I had to rely on what intel I could get from the (mostly) groundpunder squad I'm guest-playing with.

I decided for Zottegem, nice distance from bruss and ABs are linde up East-West so you can cover them both in one sortie coming in from east. I did a few low (900m) runs on Zottegem and LW had airquake on deck. With that kind of LW I expected to see reports of ea if they showed up.

But on third or forth sortie I arrive in the middle of a furball over target where some hawks obviously have been for quite some time since my last sortie. Nothing has been reported on 18/28.

Sigh. I logged off.

This is almost worse then bombing with no fighters at all. You kind of expect a certain level of basic communications.

There was a low level havoc formation (6 or so aircrafts reported) dropping on town while I was rearming after one of my sorties. Was that you guys? The axis ground guys in the squad I'm playing with atm where very impressed.
Ma

Post by Ma »

Looking forward to seeing you as a DB soon. We've done some interesting things with the current limitations and have made bombing at low levels accurate again
Ma
Pilot Officer
RAF 617 Squadron, The DamBusters

Apres Moi Le Deluge!
After me, the flood!

http://adultsheepfinder.com/