Purge in the QRR

Public Forum open to all visitors.
Bulldog

Purge in the QRR

Post by Bulldog »

Well mates, I no longer have a "home" other than the SAS Brigade.

The QRR has seen fit to "cull" all non-EU players from the squad.

As such, I am presently looking for a home, as well as a home for many former QRR squad mates. They are almost all US-TZ and PAC-RIM players. We are most likely going to form our own squad, or join with an existing squad in the SAS.

I'll be sure to keep everyone posted as to where we land.

S!
Kizmet
Site Admin

Post by Kizmet »

Man I'm sorry to hear that. Hate it when squads break up over things like tz of play. If you need any help creating your squad or you have any questions feel free to ask. We'll give you all the information we can.
Kizmet
Executive Officer
RAF 617 Squadron, The DamBusters
AHC COS Retired
AHC CinC Staff, Retired
BEF CinC, Retired
RAF CO, Retired

Apres Moi Le Deluge!
After me, the flood!

"The DamBusters - not just a squad, a game imbalance"
gators1 wrote:I think a battalion of Georgia rednecks can easily take a bunch of Vermont hippies with peace symbols on their uniforms.
Bulldog

Post by Bulldog »

Thanks mate!

I'm meeting with the lads tonight, and we'll see what happens!

Salute 617th!
FuelPump

Post by FuelPump »

Damn, sorry to hear that Harshat. And here I was thinking that the multi-TZ thing was one of QRR's strengths....
The ability to carry out ops around the clock is a good thing, especially with the US prime time being the best way to get numbers up.
Seems like a dumb move to me, but hey.
How many non-Euro guys got the chop from the squad?
And what was the reasoning behind it?
Fuelpump
RAAF
617 Squadron

Bulldog

Post by Bulldog »

Thanks for the "love" mates.

Here's an update....

Last night, we held a meeting with about 6 of the former QRR. During that meeting it was decided that we wanted to stay together. We created a new squad last night, to be comprised of the people dropped from the QRR. The new squad is the Allied Volunteer Group, or AVG.

We would like to have this squad added to the Orbat of the SAS, if possible, with myself as CO, and Wrigley as XO.

My personal plan (hope), is that if we can recover enough of the former QRR, say about 12-15 players, the squad will stay a viable unit within the SAS.

Failing that, if we cannot recover at least 12 or so members, I would prefer to discband the squad, and request the members integrate into the SAS squad of their choice.

I will be online tonight, on SAS TS Channel 1, and as always, radio 6/16.

Salute!
Andy "Harshat" Harsh
mevan

Post by mevan »

harshat wrote:Thanks for the "love" mates.

Here's an update....

Last night, we held a meeting with about 6 of the former QRR. During that meeting it was decided that we wanted to stay together. We created a new squad last night, to be comprised of the people dropped from the QRR. The new squad is the Allied Volunteer Group, or AVG.

We would like to have this squad added to the Orbat of the SAS, if possible, with myself as CO, and Wrigley as XO.

My personal plan (hope), is that if we can recover enough of the former QRR, say about 12-15 players, the squad will stay a viable unit within the SAS.

Failing that, if we cannot recover at least 12 or so members, I would prefer to discband the squad, and request the members integrate into the SAS squad of their choice.

I will be online tonight, on SAS TS Channel 1, and as always, radio 6/16.

Salute!
Andy "Harshat" Harsh

Good Luck with that m8! Im taken aback by the other that has seperated a squad b/o TZ's. My thinking is that if they did that because of that reason the bonds where not all that loyal.

Again Good Luck!
RAF CO Retired.
Main4ce

Post by Main4ce »

yeah, wishing you luck with that harshat! 8)
Main4ce
XO
RAF 617 Squadron "The DamBusters"

Moto: "After me the flood"

Another Happy Bomber!
Bulldog

Post by Bulldog »

Thanks again mates!

By the way - I still want to be the bombadier on some RDP missions! Be sure to look me up when the map resets!

S!
Bulldog

Post by Bulldog »

Come visist the AVG on our new forum!

Thanks again mates!
S!
Bulldog

Post by Bulldog »

Hi everyone! Here's some more updates!

After these past few weeks, we have managed to keep 18 former QRR players in the game, and playing Allied! The AVG is going strong, and we are starting our first "greentag" recruiting drive, to hopefully get our numbers up to about 30 dedicated players.

Also, if you get a chance, come by and (re)introduce yourslves to the gang on our forum. We got plenty of potential gunners/bombardiers for you guys!

Speaking of which, As we are now in a new map, I'm was hoping to get some good strat bombing in with you mates, as a gunner/bombardier. I would need training on the bombsite, but not too much, as Fuelpump has already taught me alot. :) Let me know, and if you would like, im sure I can get more AVG to be gunners and such as well!

S! 617th
FuelPump

Post by FuelPump »

Well best of luck with that Harshat. Glad to hear that you've managed to keep most of your guys together.
Fuelpump
RAAF
617 Squadron

Bulldog

Post by Bulldog »

FuelPump wrote:Well best of luck with that Harshat. Glad to hear that you've managed to keep most of your guys together.

TY Fuelpump, and looking forward to a Factory Raid!