Radar in dev.

Public Forum open to all visitors.
Bundyrum

Radar in dev.

Post by Bundyrum »

Spotters and Radar

Radar for Battleground Europe has one primary goal: attract game play. We are implementing the first stage of a radar and ground spotters system to augment the EWS that is already in place. This system will display air targets on the in game map. The displays will be organic and not in real time, simulating the communications between a pilot and his support services. The updates wil be amalgamated geographically and temporally, meaning that you won’t get exact locations and you won’t get real-time updates but in generally you will get a feel for where enemy air forces are so that you can plan interdiction. This feature wil be theater wide, there will be no option for skirting the system at present. This system will also not be interdictable at first implementation though we greatly desire to add this ability in future refinements of the system. This system will however, promote group tactics and make finding an air battle much easier.

Post your questions here
http://discussions.playnet.com/showthre ... ost1777023
Kizmet
Site Admin

Post by Kizmet »

This is good news. Now, let's make them destroyable quickly. That final piece will then seriously make the Strategic War......Strategic. It will definately make the SAS happy as hell.
Kizmet
Executive Officer
RAF 617 Squadron, The DamBusters
AHC COS Retired
AHC CinC Staff, Retired
BEF CinC, Retired
RAF CO, Retired

Apres Moi Le Deluge!
After me, the flood!

"The DamBusters - not just a squad, a game imbalance"
gators1 wrote:I think a battalion of Georgia rednecks can easily take a bunch of Vermont hippies with peace symbols on their uniforms.
Sniper62
Site Admin

Post by Sniper62 »

wow aint this some BS, i guess the RATs found out that i was leaving so now they bring out the good stuff lol :cry:

it looks like its guna be nice, hopfully by the time i get back into game they will have all the tweaks out and it be working and destroyable :twisted:
Sniper62
CO RAF 617 Squadron "The DamBusters"

My Movies: (youtube links, PM me if you are interested in higher res)-BARCAP in Action-Fighter Action-Fighter Action #2-Sniper of 09s-109f1vsSpitV