Iraq

Public Forum open to all visitors.
Charlie3

Iraq

Post by Charlie3 »

Maigrey posted this on another forum.

Maigrey is a long-time WWIIOL player who recently became a contractor over there and he heard this from a soldier stationed nearby.

Just a neat little story Hadji:

Just talked to a soldier here and found out a great story from yesterday.

Apparently, some Iraqi fired a rocket at the base. Unluckily for him, there happened to be a UAV over the area, so immediately after radar aquisition of the rocket, the UAV was called in and tailed the bad guy.

As a patrol was organized, Hadji hi-tailed it back to his lair. Thanks to our UAV, we knew exactly where to find him. As our troops start heading for his crib, he freaks out and calls his buddy. He says something to the effect of "OMG OMG! Teh Americans are coming for meh! Fire something at their base so they'd be teh distracted and I can run away!"

So Hadji's buddy lobs a few 81mm mortars at the base, but undeterred, American soldiers are already enroute to bust his door down.

Americans bust in, capture Hadji. Inside of Hadji's house:

-Rockets
-Mortars
-Assorted Weapons
-IED materials

AND

-A HOSTAGE bound and gagged!

Americans win the day, and Hadji will suffer.

For clarification, I do not believe it was an American hostage. Though I haven't heard either way. He just said a hostage. If it had been American I think he would have specified. Either way, the insurgents take a loss, and we helped free an innocent Iraqi.
Kizmet
Site Admin

Post by Kizmet »

Now that's some nice work.
Kizmet
Executive Officer
RAF 617 Squadron, The DamBusters
AHC COS Retired
AHC CinC Staff, Retired
BEF CinC, Retired
RAF CO, Retired

Apres Moi Le Deluge!
After me, the flood!

"The DamBusters - not just a squad, a game imbalance"
gators1 wrote:I think a battalion of Georgia rednecks can easily take a bunch of Vermont hippies with peace symbols on their uniforms.