talking with a recruiter tommorow...

Public Forum open to all visitors.
Sniper62
Site Admin

talking with a recruiter tommorow...

Post by Sniper62 »

ok guys alot of yous have been in the military alrdy and know what it is like, so help me out and gime some good things to ask about and to pinpoint. this guy said he is way up in the shiznet so he can pretty mutch get me anything i wana do, and up to $70,000....im thinking being in the army rifle team and being a sniper, after while maybe becoming a rifle team instructor...so we will see

my dad is guna be here, his cousin was a army recruiter for 12 years so my dad is guna run everything this guy tells us past his cousin...

i need the advice by 5pm est plzzzz

S! guys
Sniper62
CO RAF 617 Squadron "The DamBusters"

My Movies: (youtube links, PM me if you are interested in higher res)-BARCAP in Action-Fighter Action-Fighter Action #2-Sniper of 09s-109f1vsSpitV
FuelPump

Post by FuelPump »

Best of luck Sniper. I hope you get what you are after!
Fuelpump
RAAF
617 Squadron

Kizmet
Site Admin

Post by Kizmet »

Just be sure they guarantee you whatever school it is you're looking for.

Other than that, don't believe a word the lying bastages tell ya....roflmao.
Kizmet
Executive Officer
RAF 617 Squadron, The DamBusters
AHC COS Retired
AHC CinC Staff, Retired
BEF CinC, Retired
RAF CO, Retired

Apres Moi Le Deluge!
After me, the flood!

"The DamBusters - not just a squad, a game imbalance"
gators1 wrote:I think a battalion of Georgia rednecks can easily take a bunch of Vermont hippies with peace symbols on their uniforms.
trevor8

Post by trevor8 »

70K....sounds kinda stiff.. Usually the most you can get for a signing bonus is 20k. I think 70K is with signing bonus and GI bill and other shit added in. Be careful about the sign date...dont sign till your ready.

Have you taken the ASVAB ? if so what did you score?
<S>!

Firefighter/Military Police
Trevor A. Abney
"Trevor8"
ImageImage
Tzulscha

Post by Tzulscha »

Well Sniper,
It sounds like you think you're going through with it.
A few things to think about though.
They are going to work your ASS off!
While bootcamp ain't what it used to be (timeout chits?! WTF?!), it is still something that is intended to break down your individuality. You are not one person, you are not an 'Army of One' (where the hell did they come up with THAT one FFS?), you will become a very small gear in a very large machine, and bootcamp is meant to make you fit.
It will Suck. Hard.
Get used to it.

A few tips.
Don't EVER use a 'Time Out Chit'.
They are for people who can't handle 'pressure' like your DI screaming at you. If he is screaming at you, believe me there is a reason even if it is not apparent to you. If you can't handle that, you will never be a sniper.

Do Not let them get you angry or upset.
This is another test to see how you handle pressure. Maybe you'd be better as a clerk/typist...

Do NOT be a smartass or try to be 'funny' with your DI.
You don't know SHIT about the army. It don't matter how many movies you've seen. Keep your mouth shut and your ears and eyes open!

Take all the classes they offer and look for more.
Not a lot of jobs in the civilian world as a sniper. They will give you all kinds of traing that will be worth money outside the Army. Take advantage.

If they give you a shit job to do. Do it. Don't bitch about it and DON'T do a half-assed job. or you may have to do it again and again and again...

If they ask for volunteers for a cushy job. Don't volunteer. It's a set up.
Just an example; If they ask if anyone likes good food you will wind up either cleaning grease traps or swabbing out shitters....

Do Volunteer if you think it will advance your knowledge or your chosen path.
If you wanna be a sniper, you'd better know your rifle better than you know your own dick!

Ok, I'm done lecturing. Sorry.
I am just hoping you are not getting into this for the 'glamour' or even worse, for the 'glory'. If you're doing it for the money there are easier ways.
Your job will be to KILL people. Your job will be to go blow a big fucking hole in someones head and spray their brains all over some wall.
There ain't no glory kid. It is a dirty stinking shitty fuckin' job that sometimes needs to be done.

Good Luck lad!
If you pull it off I will salute you because you will DESERVE it.
mevan

Post by mevan »

Tzulscha wrote: Your job will be to KILL people. Your job will be to go blow a big fucking hole in someones head and spray their brains all over some wall.
There ain't no glory kid. It is a dirty stinking shitty fuckin' job that sometimes needs to be done.

There is tons of reading in the internet about being a sniper. Some of it is bullshit and some not. Buddy of mine in a sniper in the Canadain Military and was with the JTF (Reborn from our Airborne Unit, long story) and he has some stories. He was some of the first troops on the ground in Afganistan.

He spent the first 2 weeks in the bush callin targets for the air boyz to wipe out. He did do lots of shooting but the snipers roll in todays military is alot more that just takin out targets.

He really enjoyed his job (PTSD finally got him) and I think you will too sniper.

S! M8 and Good Luck. Lots of good words of wisdom in this thread.
RAF CO Retired.
Ithica

Post by Ithica »

"They say war is all glory, but boys it is all hell" William Tecumsha Sherman

Don't believe a word they say, their job is to get you to join. And they are really really good at it.
Duke2

Post by Duke2 »

Song --- Join the navy, Join the Navy. he he

Get on a big ship, sleep between clean white sheets. Chow is pretty good to. Showers every day. Lotta Schooling avaiable. ---- You just need to know how to Swim. :) he he ---- Liberty can be pretty good also. ---- Meaby the Airforce would be your Ticket. Lotta Schooling their also.
Best of Luck Snipet.

Have a Happy
Pilot Recruiter
RAF 617 Sqn "The Dambusters"

The DamBusters - not just a squad, a game imbalance"
Where's my Big Bomber.
Saltydog

Post by Saltydog »

Sniper,

Watch the movie "Jarhead"...... (recently out on DVD)

Best of luck to you, if you go for it! Many has gone before you and I honor and respect every one of them.

<S>
saltydog
Bomber driver - trying my best

FuelPump

Post by FuelPump »

Well I hope Australia never goes to war aginst the US.
I'd hate to have you come over to my town and try to bust a cap in my ass! :lol:
Fuelpump
RAAF
617 Squadron

Tzulscha

Post by Tzulscha »

If we ever go to war with the Australians, I'm on your side Simon! ;)
FuelPump

Post by FuelPump »

If the US ever goes to war with Australia, I'll move to New Zealand! :D The US army will have a helluva time battling all those orcs, wizards, trolls etc. I'd guess the hobbits would probably be a pushover though. :lol:
Oh, wait... That was only a movie.

<--- Note to self: Don't eat mushrooms while watching films from New Zealand.

Sniper, A Hobbit is moving West at 15 mph. The wind is gusting 5-10 kts from the North. Your position is South West of the target. How far from target would you need to be to guarantee a clean kill? And how many shots would you get off before the Orcs dragged you out of your tree and smacked you around?
Fuelpump
RAAF
617 Squadron

Tzulscha

Post by Tzulscha »

There ya go Simon! I'm with ya. En Zed was awful pretty country even if gaffer and gammer did keep calling me "Young Aussie".
I saw Rod Stewart in Wellington which was not exciting although the girl I went home with who kept singing "..if you want my body and ya think I'm sexy..." was more than a bit of all right! :twisted:

I really wish I could go back. Someday maybe! :)

So anyway.
Sniper, it has to be a couple of days since you saw teh recruiter dewd.
So what happened?! :?:
Sniper62
Site Admin

Post by Sniper62 »

it went good, after talking with them for acouple days i have signed my papers and are waiting to go to the physical this saturday, aftr that its official

i am going in as a 25 Bravo here what it is
http://www.goarmy.com/JobDetail.do?id=213

i will be leaving for basic July 5th, it starts the 14th and lasts for 9 weeks and its in Fort Jackson SC

about a week after that i head to Fort Gordon GA for my job training and that lasts 22 weeks

then after that who knows where they will send me lol but i will work 5 days a week and still be able to bomb with u guys after work 8)

for my shooting needs i will be practicing and sooner or later join with the Armys Marksmanship Unit and compete all ovre the place, maybe even go to the olympics :shock:
Sniper62
CO RAF 617 Squadron "The DamBusters"

My Movies: (youtube links, PM me if you are interested in higher res)-BARCAP in Action-Fighter Action-Fighter Action #2-Sniper of 09s-109f1vsSpitV
Bundyrum

Post by Bundyrum »

Get platoon out and enjoy the first half :)